Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It's a BOY!!!

As I'm sure most of you have seen or heard via facebook, we had our 20 week ultrasound last week, and we're happy to announce the coming of our SON, Jonah Jamal Poe!

We are beyond ecstatic at the news! It was an amazing moment, which we got to share with my mom and sister! When the tech said, "and here's the gender. We can see something poking out there, it looks like a boy...", all Jamal could say was "Are you sure?" He had convinced himself it was girl, I believe in order to avoid any disappointment, but I knew it was a boy all along. The tech then told him "Yes, I saw it in the beginning, but wanted to wait until now to show you. It's definitely a boy." At which all four of us became sobbing messes :)  Jamal just laid his head on my shoulder and we cried tears of joy together, for just a moment. The tech finished measuring all the parts of our little one, and explaining to me what was what, while Jamal, mom, and Erin sent joyous texts and calls to everyone awaiting our most exciting news! It was a perfect day!





Since then Jonah has been growing bigger every day, and his movements have become much more noticable, more often, and even more aggressive. On Sunday night, Jamal even got the pleasure of feeling one of his little kicks. It was the first time he had kicked me agressively and repeatedly in the same spot, and he was able to get his hand on my belly before he settled down... It was a precious moment.

It is all so much more real now that I am able to experience his presence all day every day. I feel our bond growing stronger and stronger, it is undescribable! Jamal and I have been doing amazingly well, also. I feel like we're closer then we've ever been. Sharing this experience has been both one of the hardest and most rewarding things to have ever happened to us.

20 Weeks

Until next time... :)

1 comment:

  1. One of the most precious moments in my life so far. There are no words to describe watching the love and joy flow between you and Jamal for the little boy that has blessed your lives.

    I can't wait to hold him, but I'm really looking forward to seeing you and Jamal experience your son.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete