Thursday, April 14, 2011

Almost Half Way...

Sorry I don't have a new photo for you today, it was a busy weekend and I didn't get a chance to take a new one, but I should be able to get one up this weekend.

I went to see my midwife on Tuesday for my monthly check-up, and it went really good. Baby's heart beat was super strong (150 BPM) and I was also informed, though I already knew, that my uterine blood vessels are also super strong. I only already knew this because when I'm trying to feel baby movements at night I can feel my heart beating under my tummy and it's super strong. She also told me that baby was VERY active. It was moving around lots while we were listening. This was exciting to hear because even though I feel little baby movements every day now, I still don't feel everything, so I'm always curious as to what Baby is doing in there.

Speaking of movements, it is so cool to feel my little one every day now! Previously I had written about being a little creeped out by it, but it's so NOT creepy! It's just AWESOME! I love it! It makes me feel that much closer to Baby. I can't wait for the movements to get bigger and more distinctive :)

Another exciting thing, at least exciting to me, that happened today, was that when I was putting lotion on my belly after the shower this morning I noticed that I could actually see the inside of my belly button. Ever since my baby bump first appeared, I feel like the growth has been super gradual, and seeing my big belly every day,  I don't notice how much it really has changed. But this morning, noticing my belly button, was a realization of how far we've come! 6 days away from the half way point. My natural belly button is super deep, so it's mostly just a black hole in my tummy, the light never touches the "bottom" or "inside", whatever you want to call it. Today however I could see the bottom of my belly button in all it's glory... haha. It will seem silly, or even gross to some, but to me it was exciting!

So not only are we 6 days from half way, but we're 6 days from our next ultrasound!!! Our chance to finally find out who we got in there!!! These last couple weeks, waiting for this appointment has been the slowest most excruciating wait EVER! Make you sure you get your votes in on my poll before it closes next Wednesday for the big reveal :)

Love you all, stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! Looky there...you found a beginning AND an end to your belly button!

    That's precious. I love it ~Mom

    ReplyDelete