Friday, June 3, 2011

3rd Trimester Just Around the Corner...

I'm such a horrible blogger... It's been over a month since my last post. Not a whole lot to report, as my pregnancy so far has been SOOO easy! I feel so spoiled. Jonah has treated me so well so far, but I have a feeling he's compensating now for what is sure to be nothing but craziness in a few short months.

The most exciting thing at this point is the wonderfully huge belly I have now... It's just so rewarding seeing it grow and knowing baby is just getting bigger and bigger every day. As much as I'm enjoying being pregnant, I'm so anxious to finally see his little face.

The last couple weeks have been the worst of my pregnancy ailments, which has been mostly heartburn. It seems like at about 4:00 every afternoon it starts creeping up and then attacks me on and off for the rest of the night. Tums or a glass of milk definitely help calm it a little bit, but nothing really makes it go away.

I also had 2 rounds of acupuncture for my back pain last month, and now it is, for the most part, completely gone. This was super relieving for both Jamal and I, as my back had been keeping me awake at night, and that just takes a toll on everyone.

The other cool thing going on lately is my exercise routine!!! Since we joined LA Fitness I've been able to go to the gym a couple blacks away from my work and skip all the traffic driving home. It's been awesome that 3-4 days a week I'm able to get an hour work-out in and only get home 20-30 minutes later than I would if I headed straight home after work. The other awesome benefit is that my consistency is starting to pay off in a couple different ways... 1) I'm sleeping so much better now because my body is so much more exhausted when bedtime comes around (this is always of course contingent on whether or not Jonah is feeling like a break dancer at 10pm) and 2) My weight gain is starting to plateau. This is the most exciting, as I'm clearly gaining baby, but losing some of the 20lbs extra I had before I got pregnant. It's AWESOME!!! :)

Here's a new belly picture, as well as some of the cute things we've got for Jonah over the last couple months! Thanks for tuning in... more to come soon as we're starting into the 3rd Trimester on June 9th!!!

24 Weeks

"Put a bird on it..." We found this at Saturday Market :)

He's all set for his 1st Yankees game next summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment