Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Official Due Date September 7, 2011

Monday, February 14, 2011. Valentine's Day. What is the best gift I could get? How about pictures of my Little Angel and an official due date!

8:30am Jamal and I go in for my second ultrasound, ordered by my midwife, to get to the bottom of my mystery due date, and find out how big our precious one is. I had been so anxious up to this point, me thinking I was 9 weeks, the midwife thinking I was 10 weeks, then saying based on our previous appointment that I'm more likely 7-8 weeks. Much to my surprise, and in the best way, we were both wrong. Baby Poe measured in at 10 weeks 5 days! Even further along then we both thought! Not only was my anxiety relieved, but even more relief came in the fact that I'm now only 2 weeks away from my second trimester!!! This sure made breathing a little easier.

Seeing baby last week was amazing, but yesterday surpassed it all! Being on a full size ultrasound machine, we could see all of baby. Head, body, arms, and legs. Baby was moving around, and "waving" at us, we could even see the fingers for a split second. I was so overwhelmed. I started to cry when the ultrasound tech left the room. It was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. My tears then of course provoked Jamal's tears, and we were both two blubbering messes for a moment. It was a really special moment for us.

Here's the new photos we got:

Here's the little "wave" :)


1 comment:

  1. Well looky there! That wiggle has some appendages...and they are so good looking!

    What a precious, life-changing moment you shared together. I continue to be thrilled and in awe at the same time.

    I love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete